When planning a custom home project, we always make sure that every single RTM we build is safe and structurally durable for a long life.
Many of our homes will be set on family farms that will be passed down to their children. After building over 100 RTM homes, we’ve learned some best practices we use to protect our homes from harsh prairie weather that will also stand the test of time.
Here are a few examples below that set our quality apart, they include:
Setting each project up for success with high project management standards
It is not typically a builders’ standard practice to put as much thought and planning into every detail throughout the RTM process, but here at B&B Homes, we carefully construct every part of your forever home with careful attention. Every project detail is documented in CoConstruct,(our project management tool) and they are made available to every stakeholder involved in the project (client, B&B Team, suppliers and subtrades) so that nothing gets missed, is forgotten and is well documented.
Key benefits include:
- Double rim joists, they help keep your home safer during the move by providing more structural support which in turn creates less service work once the home is on the foundation
- Installing backing for all your bath hardware. Never have a towel bar come loose from the wall again because it isn’t fastened securely
- R value in wall & attic insulation that is higher rated than industry standard
- CoConstruct project management tool to manage the project virtually and manage the build progress at different stages remotely
Working with an in-house design team
Smart design based on your family’s lifestyle prevents unnecessary renovations down the road. Working with a professionally educated designer creates endless opportunities and possibilities for your home with the advice of an expert. You are not limited to standard plans; we can either revise a plan you bring us or we can create your family a custom plan.
Since everything is happening in-house, the communication between the designer and builder is stronger, and your timeline throughout the design phase is shorter.
It does not stop at custom plans. Our designer will help alleviate the overwhelming amount of all the selections out there, while being able to help you achieve the “look” that you are after.
Key benefits include:
- NO LIMITS; get the exact home you want
- Strong connection between the designer and builder
- Alleviates stress throughout the entire process with a consultative approach
Service and warranty after the home is delivered
B&B Homes has one of the best service and warranty procedures in the RTM industry and we are proud of it. We make sure all our service work is taken care of before you move in no matter where you live in Saskatchewan. In a typical scenario, this work happens within 4-6 weeks after the move or whenever your hookups are completed, whichever comes first. Then again at your one year anniversary we do another thorough walk through of your home and repair any issues that came up within the last year.
Key benefits include:
- Commitment to providing a world-class experience even after the home is moved
- Prevents having to use third party warranties for minor fixes and enhancements
- Working with a builder that stands by their quality after the project is over
What B&B Homes Customers Have to Say:
“B & B Homes was able to move up our delivery date and hired an amazing crew that immediately eased my worries regarding the placement of our home on the foundation! Thank you B & B Homes for walking us through the building process, answering all our questions and concerns, and providing us with our beautiful home we love.
– Mandi Odynski & Jesse Corcoran
“After a bad first experience with a previous builder, our banker advised us we should switch builders and suggested B&B Homes. Finding them was easy on the computer and after looking at house plans I phoned to talk to someone. Patricia was on the phone with me for an hour answering all my questions and that sealed the deal. The rest is history.
Katia helped customize our house we picked out and was so good at helping us pick out everything. She knew our budget and didn’t push for upgrades. She has a knack for knowing what we want in our home and make it a dream.
The work crews were professional, precise, quick and friendly. They were always willing to answer any of our questions. Co-construct is the best thing that helped us to keep in contact with everyone and we got to see updates of our house as it was being built.
We loved everything about this house and many people after that have seen our house have commented on the workmanship, how fast it was completed and how well done the whole project went for us. I would recommend B&B Homes to anyone looking to build.
– Jennifer and Mike Kernahan