Your home is not just your personal sanctuary, it is also an investment! Whether you are planning your own custom home or preparing to sell your existing residence, there are some upgrades that will appreciate the price of your home when you are ready to sell. Below are a few ideas:
- Upgrading flooring in bedrooms from carpet to laminate.
- Tile showers, as well as tile flooring in bathrooms.
- Upgrading your countertop from laminate to quartz or granite.
- Adding a fireplace (gas or wood burning).
- Installing LED pot lights throughout the home.
- Using vinyl siding to fiber cement board siding and/or adding stone to your exterior. You will be able to find the siding at firms similar to James Hardie siding who can also come out and install the material onto your home.
- Upgrading from stipple ceiling to either painted or pine.
Whether it is your forever home or you know you will sell down the road, it is important to consider how the home will maintain it’s value over the long run.