We are excited to announce that we have partnered with Affinity Credit Union to help bring your dream home project to life.
Getting financing for an RTM project follows a slightly different process than traditional mortgage financing offered at some banks and mortgage lenders.
Meet Cara Kohne, a mortgage specialist at Affinity Credit Union below, and learn some of the typical requirements that will come up in the RTM financing process.
Typical Mortgage Requirements for an RTM Project Include:
- The lender will need to release funds before the home is delivered on-site.
- You often must own the land you plan to build on or need to coordinate the mortgage around this purchase. Changing land titles can delay a project so start asap if you know this will be required.
- The home must be anchored to a foundation prior to your final bank inspection.
- You will need a contract or purchase of sale with terms spelled out by the builder including obligations for each party
- Homeowners will need to ensure they have home insurance in place once the home is set on the foundation.
- RTM homeowners will require a building permit to ensure your project complies with local and national code.
- The lender will usually need quotes for the entire project, not just the RTM, in order to approve a mortgage
To find out exactly what you will need to qualify for a mortgage, contact Cara Kohne to discuss your project.
Ready to get started planning your dream home?